The Core Intentions Circle has been hard at work incorporating the feedback we received during our October and November community meetings.
Below is the updated draft of the Core Intentions.
Recovery Dharma Core Intentions
Recovery Dharma offers an approach to recovery based on meditation practice and investigation of Buddhist principles. Our program is peer-led and non-theistic. We compassionately support one another’s efforts to recover from all forms of addiction and other harmful behaviors. It is our intention to:
- Create and maintain safe, supportive meetings and organizational structures.
- Welcome all those who wish to pursue recovery as part of our community. All members are responsible for the well-being of Recovery Dharma.
- Respect the confidentiality of all who attend our meetings.
- Offer peer-to-peer work, given freely in the spirit of generosity.
- Employ the services of professionals when necessary for the activities of our organization.
- Organize peer-led activities, retreats, and conferences. We may also utilize Dharma and meditation teachers, and offer donations at our discretion.
- Empower local groups to choose their own meeting formats, and Buddhist literature and teachings.
- Strive to make decisions through a process in which each member’s voice is respected and considered.
- Operate independently of any other organization, agency, teacher, or group.
- Refrain from public statements on issues outside of our own recovery and the program we practice.
- Accept donations and raise funds only when consistent with our intention to be non-affiliated and self-directed.
- Exemplify integrity and transparency in our decision-making and financial operations.
Once again, we would like to hear your feedback. Your consideration and suggestions about anything missing from the Core Intentions is greatly appreciated! We will hold three community meetings in December to review the updated draft:
Tuesday, December 3rd, at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Wednesday, December 4th, at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Friday, December 6th, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
The Core Intentions Circle looks forward to hearing from you!
To join the community meetings:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 872 236 3379
One tap mobile
+17207072699,,8722363379# US (Denver)
+16465588656,,8722363379# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 872 236 3379
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adUiZaSpWD