The Sangha Summit Committee is requesting bids for the host city for the 2021 Sangha Summit. This will take place either July 16–18, 2021 or July 30–August 1, 2021. Please include your bid on which weekend is best suited for your city (and both are totally fine!). We are looking for venue spaces that can hold up to 300 people and a team of locals to help with “on the ground” work leading up to and during the event. We also request that at least one of those team members be available for regular Committee meetings to check-in.
The Committee is requesting the following information:
- Tell us about your city and why it’s great! Please include any “must-see” locations in case people are interested in sightseeing.
- Please gather information from at least one potential venue, including a quote from the venue. What are the minimum and the maximum number of occupants this venue can hold? Is there a possibility of 2–3 extra rooms for breakout sessions? Inquire about the availability of technology as we consider having a hybrid version (online and in-person). Is there parking available and/or included on-site or nearby? Is there an option for a coffee/tea or snack bar at the venue? Lodging and food are also great, but not required if nearby!
- Food and drinks (coffee, tea, snacks as well): Please list options within walking distance of the venue and lodging. Please also list some “must-haves” in your city, even if they’re not walking distance!
- Lodging nearby: What is the average price of an Airbnb for this time of year? Are there any hostels or hotels nearby? Is there hotel access to/from the venue? Please inquire about group rates for hostels or hotels and provide distances to the venue.
- Public transit/parking: Is there easy access to public transit nearby to lodging and the venue? What ride-sharing services, such as Uber or Lyft, does your service have? Is there parking nearby, and what does it cost? Please include the average cost of car rentals for the weekend and average commute time from lodging areas to the venue.
- Transportation: Where is the closest accessible airport to this city? Please provide the average commute from the airport to the venue/lodging. Please give a range of flight prices from major cities in several areas (NY, LA, Seattle, Dallas, Miami, etc.). Please give bus/train info if available.
- Logo and theme: This is entirely optional but may help your bid over others. Later in the process, we will have a designer work with the local team on creating designs if they are not already created. The final decision for the logo and theme will be made by the Committee.
- Accessibility and Inclusion: All venues need to be accessible and inclusive to be positioned to welcome and celebrate our diverse sangha. Your bid will outline briefly what accessible and inclusive means for all venues being proposed. The very composition of your host community illustrates your commitment to inclusion, diversity and accessibility.
We request that bids be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2020.
Thank you for your time and consideration!
—Sangha Summit Committee Members